Our Investment Guidelines
The properties of the Zug Estates Group are predominantly centrally located, fully developed, high building density sites in the Zug region. The portfolio's geographic concentration makes it possible to take advantage of the specific factors of the regional market and its attractiveness to international businesses. The portfolio is broadly diversified by use and comprises a healthy balance of residential, service and retail properties as well as hotel and commercial buildings and parking garages.
The Zug Estates Group follows an integrated business model that covers a property's entire life cycle: it conceives, develops and builds properties, manages them, ensures capital preservation and maintains technical services. The real estate portfolio is actively managed and forms the basis for the long-term growth of the Group. Taking account of the specific circumstances of each property, the Group implements cross-building development concepts characterized by sustainability and resource efficiency.
The other principles of the Group's investment policy are as follows:
- The company holds investment property and buys and develops projects for self-use.
- The geographical focus of the investment objects is the Zurich – Zug – Lucerne axis. While the Group may consider opportunities outside of this region, it is not its intention to invest in real estate abroad.
- The property portfolio will remain broadly diversified by use.
- Borrowed capital should not exceed 40% of total assets.
- Zug Estates invests a proportion of its net income (before revaluation) in the Group’s sustainable growth. The objective is thus a healthy balance between investment and payout, with up to 50% of net income (before revaluation) being distributed to shareholders.